Investments in early stage enterprises that tackle critical social issues, such as youth unemployment, migrant’s marginalization, gender inequalities, regional disparities.
“Italy is currently facing titanic challenges; the prolonged crisis has highlighted the financial vulnerability of many people across the country…
We seek to generate job opportunities for youth, empower women, contribute to migrant integration, improve regional equality, catalyse sustainable production and consumption practices and strengthen the impact ecosystem.
We want to support the new generation of impact entrepreneurs who create a positive impact for the benefit of excluded or marginalised segments.
- Early stage enterprises that can deliver impact at scale with an already proven pilot operating in one or more impact areas, key for the fund (youth, migrants, gender, regional disparities).
- Our investment selection process is both agnostic of the legal form of company and the sector in which it operates, but we prefer enterprises whose business model meets our impact criteria and helps support our direct and systemic impact objectives.
- We favour early stage disruptive enterprises that have a propensity to challenge the status quo (intergenerational change, hybrid organizations and supply chains, cross fertilization…) or that are led by women, youth, migrant or residents of disadvantaged regions.
To funnel risk and patient capital to early stage impact enterprises in underserved segments, leveraging on our long-standing experience since 2007.
To support innovative companies that generate high social and environmental impact with the aim of creating models for the country in strategic sectors where there are no wide-ranging solutions.
To provide Smart subsidies as a form of management and operational support.
To arrange Flexible investment terms and levy on different financial instruments and impact assessment indicators.
GENDER LENS INVESTING
- The Fund utilises a Gender Lens investment framework as an impact metric but also as a risk mitigation mechanism and as a framework to identify investment opportunities.
- The team will measure the gender scores of the investees and aims to improve the gender score in each investee company and overall portfolio.
- Providing on-going support to help the company to grow in terms of scale and quality.
TECHNICAL SUPPORT FOR SCALING IMPACT
- We undertake a critical assessment of the target companies positioning and social performance.
- We support target companies in devising Impact Strategy and reporting architecture.
- We guide companies in establishing and improving impact measurement policies.
- We enforce mission preservation through contractual agreements and an exit policy aimed at continuity of the social impact.