During the global Covid-19 pandemic, Copia Global is in a unique position to serve the community in ways few can by delivering vital food and household supplies.
Some calls Copia Global the African Amazon or Alibaba. The fact is that Copia Global, an impact company in the Opes-Lcef portfolio, is demonstrating, once again, its ability to truly respond to the needs of rural and peri-urban communities.
Copia Global sells essential goods and enables people to stay home during this unprecedented period of isolation. The company is actually experiencing a significant increase in demand and orders are growing exponentially faster than budget (3x over January). The increasing demand has made Copia move from 2 shifts a day to 3, utilizing the fulfillment center 24-7.
For its employees, Copia has created an educational plan providing leaflets with WHO recommendations, video updates, and weekly live seminars with CEO. Key transmissions spots in offices and warehouses are disinfected every 30 minutes and people entering are temperature screened. Health security in the supply chain is guaranteed by handwashing between every delivery, contactless delivery, and cashless payments. Vehicle and box cleaning is done every day.
Copia is also taking up social responsibility by helping the community which also build long term customer trust:
- Copia is distributing thousands of bars of free soap, one to every customer every week;
- In partnership with Unilever, Copia established 1,500 handwashing stations at Agent locations and are awaiting funding for 7,000 more;
- Because Copia customers have limited access to information, Copia is providing educational information about Covid via text messages and flyers;
As a leader during the crisis, Copia sits on the national boards of:
- Safe Hands Kenya https://www.safehandskenya.com – a mission-driven alliance of Kenyan companies. Copia is responsible for deploying free hand sanitizer, soap, face masks, and surface disinfectants to all Kenyans as a first line of defense against COVID-19
- Kenyan National Business Compact against Corona Virus https://www.covid19businessresponse.ke – a collaboration on Covid for urgent local action and global best-practice sharing
- Kenyan Ministry of Agriculture Food Security War Room founding member