- PRIVATE SECTOR and market-based solutions can locally help tackle global issues of poverty, social inequality and energy poverty.
- Supporting EARLY STAGE ENTREPRENEURS is vital to fueling solutions. These pioneers are often first movers providing needed products and services into disadvantaged communities and low-income people. We apply our efforts to this relatively underserved capital space, known as the pioneer gap.
- SMEs that require 50,000-400,000 USD of flexible and patient capital, as well as management support and mentorship for growth, foster social and market change and contribute to poverty alleviation.
- LOW CARBON SOLUTIONS and better environmental outcomes can be provided for disadvantaged populations, whether via addressing energy poverty in off-grid communities, or in providing products and services that reduce harmful environmental effects.
- Targeting A PRIMARY GEOGRAPHICAL FOCUS on East Africa and India will generate leveraged benefits and outcomes. We also support disruptive business models in other geographies.
- Targeting key sectors – access TO WATER, SANITATION, EDUCATION, ENERGY, HEALTH, LOW CARBON AND CONSERVATION – applies the best talent and resources of the now merged OPES-LCEF.
- Embedding GENDER LENS INVESTING into our approach magnifies our impact and make our investments smarter.