Job Posted: 10/28/2020
Opes-LCEF is an impact investor that provides catalytic capital to early stage social enterprises in emerging markets. The entity currently has a portfolio of 17 Investments across 11 countries, 7 of which operate in East-Africa. The investor has over 15 years of impact investing experience and its investment strategy embeds gender lens investing practice.
In Africa specifically, through the Restart & Reimagine Funds, Opes-Lcef aims to accelerate the efforts towards a new economy with new models of thinking. As part of our East Africa strategy, our first step is the creation of the Restart Fund that will provide capital to impact enterprises affected by Covid-19. We look at investments through a Gender Lens & an Impact lens.
About the role:
We are looking to add an Analyst/Associate Level investment professional (2-5 Years of Relevant Experience) to the team with prior Impact Investing/Venture Capital/ Investment Banking / M&A experience may apply. She/He will be a key member of the investment team and would report to multiple partners and would be involved in all aspects of the business.
- Investment Deals
- Assist in shortlisting, evaluating & prioritising investment opportunities
- Create and maintain the database on pipeline companies
- Support investment decision making:
- Analyse and evaluate information provided by companies. Glean data, analyse and come to conclusions.
- Financial statements & business model evaluation,
- Build valuation models & Summarize findings in investment notes
- Analyse, evaluate markets, competitive landscapes and business models through primary and secondary research
- Support in the preparation of Investment notes to the Investment Committee
- Engage with the entrepreneurship community, accelerators & other partners
- Portfolio Operations
- Generating portfolio reports, impact reports, investor compliance reports, Gender & Impact data collection & reporting etc
- Review of financial statements, audit reports and highlighting exceptions
- Quarterly and Annual MIS reporting and related activities
- Providing support to the leadership team on portfolio management
- Microsoft excel expertise
- Communication & Interpersonal skills
- Research abilities
- Business acumen
- Analytical thinking
- High level of integrity
- Diligence and high degree of attention to detail
- Responsiveness & prioritisation
- Strong aptitude to analyse and question the business narrative underlying the financial statements
- Ability to work with team members from multiple locations across the globe
Future growth opportunities:
The role provides great opportunity for growth within the team to managing the entire investment process and managing multiple portfolio companies.
The role also provides a linear growth opportunity to transition to subsequent Funds that Opes-LCEF may set up, enhance your experience & expertise by evaluating and investing in progressively larger deals with time.
We are looking for someone based in Nairobi, but there is flexibility to work remotely initially until there is more clarity and information on the Covid crisis.
The role will be on a consulting basis initially.
Market competitive compensation based on experience.
Applications & Contact:
Opes-LCEF is an equal opportunity employer that invests in local communities.
People from marginalized communities and women are especially encouraged to apply.